Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Real You

You always want to see the "real" person that your loved one is.. Its an insatiable quest.. You sometimes ask them "Who are you? I mean the real you!"... I kept asking that too... Till I read the following lyrics and till I experienced a couple of things

Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out and
Show ourselves
When everyone has gone
Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the stranger
But we love to try them on


Well we all fall in love
But we disregard the danger
Though we share so many secrets
There are some we never tell
Why were you so surprised
That you never saw the stranger
Did you ever let your lover see
The stranger in yourself?


How could we show others what we never see or never admit.. even to ourselves?
If we showed them the stranger in us.. would they accept him/her?

What if they accept the stranger but we still fail to accept that part of ourself? It still breaks the relationship!

So.. I guess the only thing I want from a person I love is to be what he/she is most comfortable in being.. when he/she is with me...

I dont have the need to see the real you... coz reality is something that never exists beyond your mind!
Reality is what I believe is true.. and that really doesn't depend on you!

4 comments:

Lazy Lavender said...

Hmm.. I saw this when it was on your orkut profile. Well, I'd say it is hard to be totally oneself showing every face that one has to everyone.. As long as it is not pretense, it should be fine..

Reality is what I believe is true.. and that really doesn't depend on you! --> I agree!!

BTW, why does your blog ask for word verification to comment??

Neha said...

aaahhh interesting but i disagree. it is very important to be accepted as a whole. so i ve my mistakes (n secrets). big deal!! if he cant live with it let him be gone than both of us living together n not knowing :)

Naren said...

I'd rather be comfortable with the 'real' person than with an illusion that I'm presented with!

Life is short. Don't waste time presenting images to people and waste more time trying to preserve that image!

Be yourself :)

Mystic said...

@Dhuja

No idea abt the word verification thingy.. As a matter of fact it even asks me!! And u totally understood me.. thanks

@Neha and Naren

Its what Dhuja says.. The face I show to u..is what I am with u.. This doesnt mean I have to show what I am wid someone else to u.. As long as the facade and feelings show to u is real.. be happy!