Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yesterday.....

I went to sleep last night
With a dream of tomorrow
This morning... I woke up in the same bed
In the same room.. but wait
Everything else had changed
I looked a little older..
Could I have grown up so much in a day?
The dream I slept with yesterday
Was the nightmare I had woken up to
I panic!
I call the number that I've called so often
Familiar voice, unfamiliar person
She had also changed...
I rush out to meet the world...
The world I thought I belonged to...
Only to find that I am a stranger...
The crush I had a day before
Was nowhere in my mind today
The friend I'd shared days with
Was just another person of yesterday..
I scream in silence.. so no one notices
But even if they did.. Would they care?
I dare not ask questions...
The answers may be too much for me to take..
I sleep...
Wishing to wake up to.... yesterday!

5 comments:

Aditya said...

hey... i admit dat iv never really read ur blog completely... iv jus read a bit here n der when i found d time... but rite now i felt i must give it its due... its really nice... ur poems r really good... sum posts r really funny... d sound clip titled "yamunai" is really ncie too... so wht if d sound quality isnt too gr8??? it sure does convey d fact dat u really r an awesome singer... keep up d good work... i must admit dat i feel really good after goin thru ur blog... nice stuff... keep up d good work...

Chandrasekharan said...

good work... keep writin ma...

Naren said...

y lil cynical poem?

anusha said...

nice stuff........ one can actly relate to ur writings.....

Matangi Mawley said...

hey.. good post!