Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dusting!

I see my window has been closed for quite some time.. Not that I'd been very busy or anything.. Just that I was a little too lazy to sit and pen my thoughts.. Not that I'm gonna write anything useful either. Just some random musings before I close my window again with a "Not to be opened till Christmas" sign.. Thank GRE for that!

Though I'm supposed have been revising for my semester exams(bah!) from morn, I managed to watch this really cute movie "Aquamarine".. The theme was deceivingly childish.. A mermaid, with the help of two teens, tries to find true love in 3 days!! I thought it was one more of those ridiculous nevertheless entertainly teen flicks.. I admit I was wrong... The movie seemed so in touch with reality, and was so not the usual hollywood masala (yeah.. the guy the mermaid seeks to find true love with doesnt fall in love with her as we all expect, and the movie ends unexpectedly in a beautiful way!) One of the most beautiful dialogues in the film.. or rather one of the best I've ever heard is this.. (the teen tells the mermaid) "You know why we humans go so crazy about love?.. because its the closest thing we have to magic!" Beaut or what?!

I've been exposed to alot of contrasts of late... At one extreme, I was suffocating with the milk of human kindness that seemed to flow so subtly yet so strong from a few people and at the other end, I was shocked by the stark indifference people can extend to those who love them.. May be becoz of this 'weathering' effect or simply becoz I'm bored of being the "nice" kid, I noticed that I've become a little sarcastic (understatement!) and bitchy these days with a noticable reduction in my tolerance level.. Ofcourse I'm not that way with everyone but just with a few unfortunate souls who rub me the wrong way.. And as a result of that... here I am (trying hard to avoid the choicest swear) wishing that a particular pal (?!!) of mine could rot in Hell for being the insolent and irritating jerk he was, having made me waste time in the past and even recently trying to help him! (you know who you are!) Just wanted to declare that I'm totally annoyed and that I regret for ever having known such a nice chap!


Being one of the few remaining singles in my friends circle burdens me with this awful responsibility of throwing some gems of knowledge to the irresponsible committed junta(copmrises aboout 98% of them)..
1) Its not so "uncool" to be single, so please don't go tut tuting and pitying the singles around you, thereby making a bigger fool of yourself
2) We all know that the world revolves only around you two.. Then why the hell do you pull some innocent people into it and cause a big commotion.. Stick to your fantasies and we'll stick on to our lives.
3)If you really feel the rest of us are missing out something great, try not to flaunt your affection by displaying it in public, or ooze in your mobiles.. By doing these you just let us know, we are just missing out on being totally irritating!
God bless you all! Bless us more for having to put up with u!
4) We care about the problems of some near and dear ones, whose tales of woe we listen to with genuine worry and try solving their relationship problems.. This doesnt mean that we singles are just there to be universal agony aunts/uncles.. We will lend our ears and shoulders to those who matter.. and not to everyone!


Good or bad.. changes are inevitable and I'm surfing in the waves of life.. with nothing but uncertainity! Pray for my GRE score to be decent people.. not that it'd guarantee certainity but atleast it wouldn't worsen my uncertainity!

5 comments:

Lazy Lavender said...

Clap clap! Esp the part where you advise. :P

Serendipity said...

Oye single GRE doesnt require so much preps . so dont use that as a pretext to keep the blog closed

babies shudnt be worrying abt grownupish things like committed and singles thingy :P :P

On a more serious note- forget all this till ur exams are over

M.Sudhir Eswaran said...

Revenge of the Singles!!! Great work Asha!!! Loved it ... Gave those couples wat they deserved !!!

P.S: Regardin that pal of urs, if he is whom i think he is , i think u should think about givin him some more time. Think about it !

Matangi Mawley said...

nicely wriiten..
do u'r gre well..
exams come first..

this world is contains no singles n doubles. they r,but human beings. let the exams get over.. n when u ll b more relaxed, give it a thought.. afterall.. no body is intentionally bad!

Anonymous said...

Hey, blog hopped!
Your blog reminds me of mine :) ver well written posts...keep writing, dont let the pen go dry :)