Monday, June 27, 2005

Tamizh film-music tag

Being dead bored and a person with enough tamil film-music knowledge..here goes this post

Number of albums I own
Never bothered to count...Must be well beyond the 500 mark

First Album that I bought
Since my mom and uncle used to collect alot of cassettes(my uncle still does),there has always been a steady inflow..but my very own first album was "P.Susheela's hits"(I generally buy collections)

Last Album I bought(not including downloaded stuff)
”Kalakkal” by Smitha
Ofcourse my sis bought all the latest film songs like Anniyan,CM etc.

Currently listening to
“Snehidhane” from Alaipayuthey



Albums that I'd want to take with me if marooned on a deserted island(20 albums):
Gimme a computer with broadband….I’d run out of the 20 albums very fast..Atleast that’ll help me download songs …I love many a single song amidst the rest in the movie..One day I plan to take a list and compile them into volumes of my favorite songs….As for the 20(I have to answer this question) here is the quickie list..

P.Susheela’s greatest hits
SPB golden hits
Yesudas’s Classical Live Vol-7
Sudha Ragunathan’s “Tamil Golden Hits”
TMS-a tribute
Nayagan
Alaipayuthey
Kandukonden Kandukonden
Iruvar
Sirai Chaalai
Rythem
Mudhalvan
Kadhalan
Padayappa
Thenali
Bombay
Hey nee romba azhaga irukka
Kannathil Muthamitaal
Nerukku Ner
Vetri Vizhaa…





Favourite singers
Male:SPB, TMS ,PB Srinivas
Female:P.Susheela, Chitra

Duets: SPB-Chitra, TMS-P Susheela, UnniKrishnan-Harini


Songs that you are most likely to hear me sing or hum:
I am always known to burst into songs...From new hits to old tunes..herez a list of my favorites...I think I've left out many coz the songs change with moods...
"Nila kaakirathu"-Indra
"Kannalane"-Bombay
"Ennai pandhada pirandhavale"-Ullam Ketkume
"Yenge enathu kavithai" and "Kannamoochi yenada” -from Kandukondain Kandukondain
“Ennai koncham maatri” and “Ondra renda” from Kaaka Kaaka
"Senthoora poove"-16 vayathinile
"Naan sirithaal deepavali" and "Nee oru kaadal sangeetham"-Nayagan
"Andha sivagaami maganidam"-Patanathil bootham
“Raagangal 16” -Thillu Mullu
“Kuzhal oodum kannan” -Mella Thirandhathu Kathavu
“Maalai pozhuthin mayakathile” -P.Susheela’s hits(forgot the movie’s name though)
“Thedinen vanthathu” -Ooty Varai Uravu
“Inji idupazhaka” -Devar magan


These strike me now…I still have plenty to write but then again it would get really boring

Favorite Lyrics:

I love good lyrics and sadly these days the film songs have pathetic lyrics…Here are some of my all time favorites

Kaalangalil aval vasantham…by PB Srinivas..It is a great song…One of Kannadhasan’s best works
“Paal pol siripathil pillai
Pani pol anaipathil kanni
Kan pol valarpathil annai
Aval kavingyan aakinaal ennai”


Minnale nee vandhu ponadhen…May maadham
“Kanneeril thee valarthu naan kaathirukiren
Un kaal adi thadathil thaan poothirukkiren”



Maalai pozhuthin mayakathile…
“Avar maraven maraven endrar udane
marandhu vittaar thozhi”


Vellai pookal..Kannathil Muthamitaal
“Kodi keerthanamum kavi paadum paadalkalum
Oru mounam pol inbam tharumaa?”


Unnakenna melae nindrai…Simla Special
“Paal undu vaazhum pillai
Nool kondu aadum bommai
Nool enna undhan kayilla
Nee sollu nandhalaala”


Pani kaatre- Run
“Iruvarume thoongi vidalaam..silla jenmam thaandi ezhalaam
Kanavil naam thinamum sandhipom”


Idhu oru pon maalai pozhuthu…….
“Vaanam ennakoru bodhi maram
Naalum adhu oru seithi tharum
Oru naal ulagu neethi perum
Thiru naal viraivil thedivarum”


Kannukku mai azhagu…Pudhiya mugam
“Kannukku mai azhagu kavithaikku poi azhagu
Avaraikku poo azhagu avarukku naan azhagu”


Mazhai thuli…Sangamam
“Thanni ila meen azhutha karaikku oru kavalaiyum varuvathillai
ennakullae naan azhudha en kaneer thodaikavum yaaumillai”


Kadavul paathi mirugam paathi…Aalavanthaan
“Nadhakumaara Nandhakumaara
Mazhai neer sudaathu theriyaatha
Kannil vadikira kaneer thuli thaan
Ven neer thuli yenna arivaaya
Sutta mazhayum sudatha mazhaiyum ondraai kandavan nee thane
Kaneer mazhail thaneer mazhayai kulikka vaithavan nee thane”


I think ten should make a decent list…

So I should thank k7 for tagging me and I proceed to tag Sindhu and VJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too small a list...

Heidi Kris said...

Hey similar taste ash >:D<

Unknown said...

This is most popular and thought provoking song.
mayakkama kalakama ( Sumaithangi)
This brought Vaali for film song writing.When he is about to leave chennai back home he heard this song and came back,
..unnakkum kizhe ullavar kodi ninaithu parththu nimmathi nadu..very best lines.